The biggest headache for many Denver homeowners is the discovery of a mold problem. The panic may start when you begin to think about the extent of the damage, the health conditions it can cause to you and your family, and of course, how much will it cost you to get rid of it.
The mold threat needs to be removed as quickly as possible before it becomes much more significant, possibly causing even bigger issues to develop.
Although household mold can present itself in many forms, some varieties are scarier and more dangerous than others. However, the “black mold” variety is the most dangerous.
Scientifically, this type of mold can make any home (regardless of age or size) a threat to the occupants. What makes black mold so dangerous are the harmful mycotoxins that come from it and are spread throughout the air circulating in your home.
Let us look at a few facts to determine if you need Professional Mold Removal for Toxic Black Mold in Your Home.
But First, what is Black Mold?
The terms toxic black mold or black mold are used interchangeably, often, but mean the same thing when referring to Stachybotrys chartarum.
Stachybotrys chartarum is a greenish/black mold that develops on organic materials with increased cellulose capacity.
Materials such as paper, drywall, fiberboard, and gypsum board are the ideal places for black mold to thrive. Mold can also grow on non-organic materials if those materials have some organic substance on the surface such as food particles or even common household dust which is often composed of skin and hair particles.
Mold growth occurs when these organic materials become wetter than normal for more than a few days. The moisture conditions can be caused by leaks, flooding, water infiltration, or condensation from excessive humidity (humidifier turned up too high or many indoor plants). Consistent moisture is needed for the mold to grow but even if the moisture source is removed, the mycotoxins present can be a danger for an indeterminate period of time.
Black mold is known to release mold spores in the air while it (feeds) on any organic components it encounters. These spores can contain the mycotoxins the mold has produced.
If these mold spores are inhaled or ingested, they can create a wide variety of harmful health issues for you, your family, and even household pets.
Two very common areas we see mold growth in are Attics and Crawl Spaces. Attic mold is almost always caused by inadequate ventilation allowing humidity to build up from moisture creeping in at night and getting trapped there during the day. Crawl Space mold is most commonly caused by moist soil evaporating into the confined area under the home allowing (once again) high humidity levels which are conducive to mold growth. Both of these scenarios are light a giant science experiment for growing mold.
If you are worried about toxic mold growth in your home, make sure to check places that you do not go into often. See if you see any visible mold or sense that there is a higher moisture level in these areas.
Additional familiar molds that may be toxic, can be found inside and outside your home. Literally, there are more than 100k+ acknowledged mold types.
These can include:
When You Discover Black Mold Inside Your Home, What Should You Do?
There is a lot of information on the internet about DIY (do it yourself) methods to remove black mold.
However, this is not a good idea since you put yourself at risk for dangerous side effects. If you try to remove the black mold yourself and do it incorrectly, you risk exposure for your family to possibly experience the same detrimental side effects. If you do not know how to remove black mold properly, it’s best to hire a Black Mold Removal Denver professional to take care of the problem, so you can keep your family safe.
What are the Health Risks of Being Exposed to Black Mold?
When addressing the issue of black mold in your home, you must adhere to special precautions. Not every homeowner has the proper resources or tools to ensure their safety during the process from beginning to end.
Even the slightest exposure to black mold during a removal process can lead to some of the following health consequences for people who are sensitive to mold toxins.
- Chronic fatigue/respiratory irritation
- Skin conditions, rashes inflammation
- Chronic coughing and sneezing
- Internal organ problems
- Problems such as confusion and disorientation
In some severe cases, an allergic reaction to black mold spores can cause bleeding within the lung, nausea, vomiting, and nose bleeds.
Because of the possible effects of exposure to black mold, it is not worth the risk of handling it, and better to have a Mold Removal Service Denver professional take care of it.
What Are the Reasons to Avoid “Do it Yourself Removal” of Black Mold and Allow a Professional to Come and Take Care of it?
Choosing to manage and remove black mold yourself without a mold service professional can cause the following:
- You are causing the situation to become worse. Black mold discharges spores in areas of high condensation areas of your home. If you don’t diffuse and get rid of the contents in the infected areas adequately, you risk the chance of making the mold spread to other places in your home, creating a bigger problem than before.
- The Mold that is Missing in Your Home: Black mold is famous for lurking in out-of-the-way places, like under sink cabinets, Crawl Spaces, Attics and inside of walls where plumbing or drain problems occur in your home. Although you feel that you can remove the “visible” mold growth, you can miss the “non-visible,” growth, which needs the appropriate equipment and treatment for the mold problem to be fully remediated.
- Using the Incorrect Equipment: Mold removal Denver specialists use various specially made equipment to handle toxic black mold removal. This includes air filters, PPG (personal protection gear), heavy-duty products, and containment systems; without these types of tools, you can put your and your whole household at risk.
A professional has the expertise to entirely remove black mold from your home. They know what mistakes to avoid, not to overlook things, and, most importantly, solve your mold problem correctly and efficiently.
How Does a Mold Professional Get Rid of Toxic Black Mold? (Mold Remediation)
A multi-step method that gets indoor spaces back to normal levels of air quality is what comprises mold remediation Denver.
There is a multi-step process that your mold professional will take to make the home safe from mold hazards.
- Clear away water-damaged and mold-infested components that may be concealing hidden mold on structural wood components.
- Check to see if the newly exposed mold contaminated structural wood components are not compromised and thus needing replacement.
- Sterilize all of the newly exposed structural wood components to make sure the mold is killed.
- Decontaminate and clean off the visible mold from the structural wood components.
- Re-Sterilize to make sure the treated areas are made safe.
Offer a Money-Back and One-Year Guarantee on the surfaces that have been remediated. Different circumstances may require other procedures of course.
Let the Professionals Take Care of Your Black Mold Removal Problem.
When you have a mold problem, the best thing you can do to keep you and your family safe is call a Mold Removal Denver service and not attempt to eliminate it yourself.
Contact the Best Mold Removal Experts that Denver Has to Offer.
You may be tempted to try to handle your mold problem yourself; however, black household mold is a gigantic catastrophe, so it’s best to leave it to professionals.
Here at Mold Removal Express, we recognize the stress, risks, and worries associated with black mold and black mold removal that you may have.
Don’t wait for your back mold problem to get out of hand, and stand the chance of family members, or you are developing a mold-related reaction or illness from the spores.
Call one of our specialists today. We will assess the situation and work right away to remedy the problem, so you and your family can breathe easy. Mold Removal Express makes mold removal and remediation fast and affordable and is 100% guaranteed. Contact us today for an inspection and estimate at https://www.moldremovalexpress.com/contact/.