Crawl spaces are one of the most common areas of mold growth in your Denver home. Often, families hardly ever investigate their crawl spaces. This could mean mold problems, which are generally not discovered until the problem has already grown out of control.
Do you think mold in your Denver crawl space is not a huge deal? Well you need to think again! Since mold may be out of sight, generally does not mean it is out of mind and you should not leave it untreated. Even just a small mold problem can quickly spread like a wildfire and spiral out of control. All this as it spreads and wreaks destruction not only on your health, but the quality of your entire families’ life. Luckily with some perseverance, it is possible to take out the problem for good.
Why Does Mold Grow in Crawl Spaces?
When examining your Denver home for mold, your crawl space should be amid the first place that you look over. This area is perfect for mold growth. Why? First, they are typically quite dark and humid. Furthermore, a crawl space often is unoccupied, which means that mold growth can go unnoticed for quite a while before anyone notices. Checking for mold in your crawl space is vital to ensure the health of your family and the stability of your Denver home. If you suspect any type of mold, like black mold, growing in your crawl space, contact a Black Mold Removal Denver remediation company to inspect the infected areas. Call the best one that Denver has to offer; Mold Removal Express that will get the job done right.
Mold, is it Really that Bad?
Besides impacting respiratory health, mold can also destroy household items that are in and on your Denver home itself. Mold spores are flexible and will feed on just about anything that they encounter. Mold can grow on or within your home’s walls, ceilings, foundation, and carpets, etc., it will ultimately develop significantly and cost a lot of damage.
Crawl Space Mold, what is it?
Even with the slightest bit of water can lead to crawl space mold, particularly on the walls, or the underside of the subfloor. Crawl space mold can generate repositories of mold growth that allow it to advance throughout your home. This could mean bad news when it comes to preserving good indoor air quality.
Think about the area of your crawl space. It sits beneath your home right on top of the ground. Most mold issues in crawl spaces are caused by immense moisture and humidity. Many crawl spaces have a plastic vapor barrier, but then again many don’t. Dirt as well as soil contain moisture. Plus, moisture is one of two requirements for mold growth. The other is a food source, wood is an example, and this acts as the ceiling of the crawlspace. Since moisture forms so readily in enclosed areas, dirt crawl spaces are abundant breeding grounds for mold growth.
What are Causes of Crawl Space Mold?
- Foundation vents: Several crawl spaces detail vents that should block moisture problems. However, vents often cause more moisture buildup than they prevent. Some vents feature fan systems, which are supposed to be helpful, but can do more harm than good.
- Muggy and Humid Weather: Whereas vents or crawl space fan systems evoke in air during muggy or rainy weather, the crawl space becomes a breeding place for mold.
- High Water Tables: If your home is in an area with a high water table, the constant moisture can produce persistent mold problems.
Prevention of Crawl Space Mold
Even though mold is common around the world and is a common problem in Denver, you don’t have to accept it in your home. There are actions you can take to get rid of existing mold and prevent new mold growth.
- Conduct regular inspections to your crawl space
- Insulate these spaces
- Reach out to professionals for your Denver Mold Removal needs.
Look for These Warning Signs of Crawl Space Mold
- Poor indoor air quality causes heightened allergies and asthma symptoms while at home with no other apparent cause
- A musty odor permeates the home, especially when the windows and doors are closed
- Floorboards are buckled or warped
Use Mold Removal Express for Mold Remediation in Your Denver Crawl Space
Do you recognize any of these symptoms in your own crawl space? Contact Mole Removal Express to take care of all your mold removal needs. The best part is Mold Removal Express offers a 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE and a ONE YEAR GUARANTEE on all their mold treatments and services. Contact them today and get a FREE Quote!