You need three things for mold to grow:
- Relative Humidity Above 60%
- A food source such as drywall or wood
One other thing which fits this category would be time.
Some mold can generally start growing within 24-48 hours, however, there are certain types of mold spores that can take much longer to grow. Those are usually the more dangerous types of mold aka “black mold”.
Once you have those three presents, any mold spores floating around in the air will attach itself to the water damaged building material and start growing.
Do you need a mold inspection? This is a yes and no question. There are many different reasons why you may want to have a mold testing and inspection, but it ultimately fits into one of two categories:
- You need it because you may have mold in your home
- You need it because you want peace of mind
We are going to tell you something about mold testing and inspections that is going to make 99% of all other mold companies inspectors fidget. We here at Mold Removal Express know that not many other mold companies that will reveal this, but we have been doing so for years because it is our mission to get good information about mold out there to combat all the misinformation and fiction that dominates our industry to our customers out there in Denver and now Wyoming!
Are you prepared? Well if you already see visible mold, you usually do NOT need a mold inspection or mold testing. You simply need to remove it following industry standard guidelines.
Once mold is apparent, testing is unnecessary and a waste of money.
Why is it so appropriate that testing is not required if you already see mold? Because it will save most customers a lot of money. Especially since many consumers who call us (and presumably other mold companies) when they see visible mold and think they need to get it tested to determine what type of mold it is, whether its toxic, and other characteristics.
Do you think most companies that do mold testing in Denver or that inspect for mold care would reveal this when they have an easy $250-$1000 mold inspection fee on the table from a worried customer? Obviously not. Of course, there are some companies and individuals who are truthful, and we commend them, but they are sadly few and far between.
Why is a mold inspection almost always unnecessary if there is visible mold?
Don’t you need to know, for example, what kind of mold it is so you can determine whether its toxic? In fact, in most cases, the surprising answer here is “no.” For starters, so called “Black Mold” is a term that is badly misused and misunderstood.
Secondly, once you already see visible mold, knowing what type is usually irrelevant because at this point, you or a Mold Testing Service professional (Like Mold Express) simply need to get rid of the mold following proper Mold Remediation Service.
MRE’s Mold Removal Service utilizes “Mico-Mist” technology. Micro-Mist is a dense, vaporous cloud that gently floats our non-toxic, mold-killing solution to all the exposed surfaces and air spaces in the treated area. Since Micro-Mist is a dense vapor, wooden furniture and other moisture sensitive items should be covered before the treatment.
After the Mold Removal Service, your hard surfaces must be wet mopped. The Micro-Mist solution kills mold all the way down through the root system and the mycotoxins that they create will be neutralized.
Does the type of mold matter in determining the right way to properly remove the mold? No. In fact, once visible mold is present, follow the same Mold Remediation Service mentioned earlier to remove it no matter the species or the color.
Here is what the Environmental Protection Agency says verbatim:
“Is sampling for mold needed? In most cases, if visible mold growth is present, sampling is unnecessary. Since no EPA or other federal limits have been set for mold or mold spores, sampling cannot be used to check a building’s compliance with federal mold standards. Surface sampling may be useful to determine if an area has been adequately cleaned or remediated. Sampling for mold should be conducted by professionals who have specific experience in designing mold sampling protocols, sampling methods, and interpreting results. Sample analysis should follow analytical methods recommended by the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), or other professional organizations.” (Source: EPA)
When should a mold inspection and mold testing be considered?
- When visible mold is not present, but the smell of mold is. Here a mold inspection and mold test can reveal whether there is indeed elevated mold, and where it is located.
- There have been plumbing leaks or water issues and there is a suspicion that elevated mold may exist in the air and/or behind walls.
- For real estate transactions for the protection of Buyers and Sellers.
- Landlord/Tenant disputes as to whether there is a mold problem.
For mold testing in Denver, there are many professional companies that can help with the process. However, Mold Removal Express is the best. Why are they the best?
Fast, Affordable & Fully Guaranteed Mold Treatment
- Mold removal in 24 HOURS OR LESS. (in a typical situation)
- Astonishingly INEXPENSIVE Mold Remediation Service. Mold treatments for UNDER $2,600!
- Your property WILL PASS A MOLD TEST after Mold Removal Express’ treatment!!!
- Mold Removal Express is accredited by the Colorado Better Business Bureau.
The best part is Mold Removal Express offers a 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE and a ONE YEAR GUARANTEE on all their mold treatments and services.
Do you need more reasons Mold Removal Express is your best option for mold testing Denver?
Why Over-The-Counter Home Mold Tests Kits Are A Rip-off:
- Mold samples are often misleading or simply wrong (i.e. due to error). You need a professional to interpret the results.
- Mold is everywhere. Yes, all homes have small amounts of mold. Therefore, when a petri dish from a home mold test tells you that you have mold, it is not telling you anything useful since every home has mold!
- If you suspect a mold problem but do not actually see it or smell it, these test kits do not help you locate the problem or tell you how serious it is.
Just remember this simple rule: If you can already see mold, you need to remove it. Testing is usually unnecessary at this point.